Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Moving Process: Part I

So we packed up everything from our apartment in Minneapolis on Tuesday, December 23rd. I apparently thought our van could function like Mary Poppins magic carpet bag and hold way more that meets the eye...but alas, it was just a regular non-magical van and we had to get rid of like 3/4 of our things. My wonderful husband kept gently telling me that there was a good chance I was not going to be able to fit everything that I was continuously piling up in the corner of our living room...but I was in denial. He even called up one of his friends from school who is getting his degree in engineering to find out all the equations he needed to use to figure out how many things could fit...

Even once I got my "box of space" I still believed that I could fit more. Oh the silliness of me. Because of this false ideal I had in my head we basically had to unpack and repack almost everything. Thus leaving 7 1/2 hours later than expected! So, the apartment didn't get as clean as I would have liked and I accidentally left the milk in the fridge (oops!) and I had to get rid of a LOT more than I had hoped to...but we finally made it out were on our way to Michigan! Our van was stuffed to the brim with just enough space for the three of us. Zach made sure we had a little window so we could still talk during the drive. :)

David was a tooper while we rushed around like mad men! He had to watch his Praise Baby DVD like 10 times our last few days as we tried to make the most of every moment. At one point we had all of our pillows and bedding stacked in the corner, so Daddy took a break and he and David played for a bit :)



Due to our super LONG last day and the fact that everything was packed and ready to go in the van...David also had to take all of his naps on the floor. Poor little guy! :( He did great though!


Once we got on the road, our 5 1/2 hour drive took us 9 hours with the stops that needed to be made, but we finally arrived at my parents house at 4:00 in the morning and were thankful to be done with the first step in our moving process!!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Wow! I love the picture of Zach looking through your little "chat" hole! That's funny!